Stats Corner – Ind Vs Aus
|Summary||Total||In India||In Australia|
|Won by India||24||19||6|
|Won by Australia||40||12||28|
- Australia enjoys a healthy edge over India with a win loss record of 40-24.
- Australia has won 12 test matches in India. However their last win dates back to the 2004-2005 series and are yet to win a test in their next 11 attempts . After that series they have played 3 series in more than 12 years but are yet to win a test match. India has won 3 straight series with a margin of 2-0 in 2008-2009.
- India has white washed Australia in their 2 two series. 2-0 in 2010-2011 and 4-0 in 2012-2013.
- The below table shows the performance of both the teams in India by series basis:-
|Won by India||0||1||1||1||2||0||1||2||2||1||2||2||4|
|Won by Australia||2||2||1||3||0||0||0||1||1||2||0||0||0|
- India and Australia have played 13 series in India and Australia won 4 series. India have won 7 series and sharing two series with a score line of 1-1 and 0-0.
- The teams were involved in the 2nd tied match in the history of test cricket in Madras in the 1986-1987 series.
|Summary||Matches||Runs Scored||Fifties||Hundreds||Wickets Taken||5 Fors||10 Fors|
|In favour of India||78||2647||2||6||123||24||7|
- The above table indicates that by numbers India has better advantage in the batting and bowling departments when the entire squads are taken into consideration.
- Australian squad picked has less exposure playing in Indian conditions. Only Warner, Wade, Smith, Strac and Lyon have played in India.
- With India dominating the home season and winning test series against New Zealand, England and Bangladesh, Australia will find it difficult to beat India. Experts predict a 4-0 win to India.
Batting records between the 2 teams in India
|Team||Highest Score||Lowest Score|
Note: Lowest Scored are considers only when the team is all out.
|Team||Player Name||Most Runs Scored|
|Team||Player Name||Most Runs Scored|
- Sachin Tendulkar leads with 1821 runs in 19 tests from 36 innings with 9 fifties and 5 centuries with a highest score of 214 runs.
- Along with Tendulkar, VVS Laxman with 1198 runs and Rahul Dravid 1000 runs have scored 1000 runs against Australia.
- VVS Laxman has the highest score of 281 runs in a single innings in the famous Kolkota test.
- When it comes to partnerships Tendulkar and Dravid have scored maximum runs as pair. They have 759 runs from 13 innings with 3 century stands and 3 half century stands for their credit. 169 runs is their highest partnership.
- Matthew Hayden tops with 1027 runs in 11 test from 22 innings with 5 fifties and 2 centuries with a highest score of 203 runs.
- Matthew hayden is the lone Australian to score 1000 test runs in India.
- Dean Jones has the highest score of 210runs in a single innings.
- The pair of Hayden and Langer make s successful combination. They have scored 577 runs from 12 innings with 1 century and 3 half century stands. 136 runs is their highest partnership.
Bowling Records between the 2 teams in India
|Team||Player Name||Most Wickets Taken|
- Harbhajan Singh heads the wickets column with 86 wickets in 14 matches from 28 innings. He has picked up 7 five wicket hauls and 3 ten wicket huals with innings best of 8 for 84 and match best of 15 for 217.
- After Harbhajan Anil Kumble is the only bowler to take 50 plus wickets with 62 wickets.
- Richard Benaud tops the wickets column with 52 sclaps in 8 matches from 16 innings. He has picked up 5 five wicket hauls and 1 ten wicket haul with innings best of 7 for 72 and 11 for 105.
- No other bowler has taken more than 50 wickets other than Richard Benaud for Australia.
Fielding and Wicket keeping Records:
- Rahul Dravid holds the top position with 32 catches from 34 innings in 17 matches. He has taken a maximum of 3 catches in an innings.
- MS Dhoni is the clear leader as a wicket keeper. He has accounted for 36 dismissals which included 25 catches behind the stumps and 11 stumping from 20 innings from 10 matches. He has a maximum of 5 dismissals in an innings with 3 catches and 2 stumpings.
- Ricky Ponting sits first with 20 catches from 20 innings in 14 matches. He has taken a maximum of 3 catches in an innings.
- Adam Gilchrist leads the list with 29 dismissals from 14 innings in 7 matches as a wicket keeper. All his dismissals are caught behind with a maximum of 4 catches in an innings.