STATS CORNER – Eng Vs Ind
|Summary||Total||In India||In England||Neutral Venues|
|Won by India||50||29||15||6|
|Won by England||38||15||19||4|
India enjoy a healthy edge over England in the ODIs. With a win-loss record of 50-38.
In India, India has almost doubled the win-loss ratio. Team India has won 29 games and lost 15 games with a lone tie which happened in the 2011 World Cup.
|Won by India||
|Won by England||
Till date India and England have played 8 bilateral ODI series in India. In which, India has excelled in their known home condition ,winning 5 bilateral ODI series sharing 2 series and losing 1 series.
England’s only win came way back in 1984-1985 series when they beat India by a 4-1 margin in a 5 match ODI series. Its been 22 years since England has won a ODI series against the India in India.
India has whitewashed England in successive series. India blanked England by a margin of 5-0 twice in the 2008-2009 and 2011-2012 series. The 2008-2009 series was a 7 match, but the last two matches were cancelled due to the attacks in Mumbai.
|Matches||Runs Scored||Fifties||Hundreds||Wickets Taken||4 Fors||
|In favour of India||
The above table indicates that the gulf between the 2 teams is vast when it comes to experience along the runs scored and the wickets taken.
The numbers are heavily skewed and favours the host nation.
*For lowest score all out scores are considered
Batting Records (All records between India and England played in India)
- Suresh Raina leads the chart with 799 runs from 22 matches with 10 fifties to his credit with a highest score of 89 notout.
- Yurvaj Singh has scored 3 centuries from 18 games for India which is the maximum by an Indian against England. He also holds the record of highest individual score of 138 not out against England.
- Overall there have been 9 centuries scored by Indian batsmen.
- Virender Sehwag and Sachin Tendulkar top the partnership record with 554 runs in 8 innings between them which includes 3 century stands. The highest being 136 runs.
- Virat Kohli and Gautam Gambhir have recorded the highest partnership of an unbroken 209 for the third wicket.
Bowling Records (All records between India and England played in India)
- Harbhajan Singh is the leader with 31 wickets from 17 games with a best bowling of 5 for 31. He is the only bowler to pick a five wicket hauls for India twice.
- Sreesanth has the best bowling figures with 6 for 55 runs.
- 4 instances of an Indian bowler taking a 5 wicket hauls.
- 7 instances of an Indian bowler taking a 4 wicket hauls.
Fielding and Wicket Keeping Records (All records between India and England played in India.
- Sachin Tendulkar, Yuvraj Singh and Virender Sehwag have all taken 10 catches as fielders which is the highest by any fielder. But has taken 16 games when compared to 18 games by Sehwag and Yuvraj.
- Yuvraj Singh has taken 3 catches in a single game which is the most by any fielder.
- MS Dhoni leads the table with 29 dismissals behind the stumps in 22 games. He has taken 28 catches and accounted 6 stumpings behind the stumps.
- MS Dhoni has a maximum of 4 dismissals has a wicket keeper in a single game with 2 catches and 2 stumpings
Batting Record (All records between India and England played in India)
- Kevin Pietersen tops the table with 929 runs from 21 games with 1 century and 6 fifties. 111 not out is the highest score scored by him.
- Andrew Strauss has the highest individual score of 158 against India.
- Overall there have been 9 centuries scored by England batsmen.
- Pual Collingwood and Kevin Pietersen share the highest runs in partnership. The pair have scored 371 runs from 8 innings with 3 fifty plus stands. 90 runs being the highest.
- Andrew Strauss and Ian Bell have posted the highest partnership of 170 runs for the third wicket.
Bowling Record (All records between India and England played in India)
- Tim Bresnan leads with 17 wickets in 10 games for England with a best of 5 for 48 runs.
- Paul Jarvis has best bowling figures of 5 for 35 runs.
- 3 instances of an England bowler taking 5 wicket hauls
- 5 instances of an England bowler taking 5 wicket hauls
Fielding and Wicket Keeping Records (All records between India and England played in India)
- Paul Collingwood has taken a maximum of 10 catches in19games as a fielder
- Greme Hick and Ian Bell share the most number of catches in single game. They have taken 3 each in a single game.
- James Foster leads the wicket keeper dismissals with 10 dismissals behind the wicket. He has taken 7 catches and 3 stumpings as a keeper.
- James Foster has a maximum of 3 dismissals, 2 catches and 1 stumping in a single game.