NZ vs IND 2016 Stats Corner
|Summary||Total||In India||In New Zealand|
|Won by India||18||13||5|
|Won by New Zealand||10||2||8|
- India has a good edge over New Zealand with a win-loss record of 18-10.
- At home, India has a greater win-loss record of 13-2.
- New Zealand has won only 2 games in Indian soil. Their last win was in the 1988-1989 series. After that victory New Zealand has played 14 tests of which they have lost 6 test matches and drew 8 matches.
The below table shows the performance of both teams in India by series basis
|Won by India||2||1||1||2||2||1||1||0||1||2|
|Won by New Zealand||0||0||1||0||1||0||0||0||0||0|
- India has managed to win a game in every series expect for the 2003-2004 series, where the 2 match test series ended in a 0-0 draw.
|Summary||Matches||Runs Scored||Hundreds||Wickets Taken||5 Fors||10 Fors|
- The above table indicates that India is slightly better in terms of experience.
- But New Zealand batting looks more formidable in terms of runs scored. Their team has scored 2065 more runs than the Indian team. But, Indian batsmen outnumbered their opponents when it comes to 100 scored in test. Indian batsmen have scored 1 hundred more than the New Zealand batsmen
- In the bowling department India lead by a massive gap. The Indian bowlers have taken 230 more wickets than the New Zealand bowlers and they have outnumbered in bagging more 5 for and 10 fors in match. Indian bowlers have 36 5 fors which is 24more than the New Zealand bowlers and 5 10 fors whereas the New Zealand bowlers have only 2 10 fors in their credit.
Batting records between the 2 teams in India
|Team||Highest Score||Lowest Score|
|Team||Player Name||Most Runs Scored|
|New Zealand||B Sutcliffe||885|
|Team||Player Name||Highest Score|
|New Zealand||B Sutcliffe||230*|
- Rahul Dravid leads the table with 4 hundreds and a fifty from 14 innings spread across 8 games. It also includes a double century of 222 runs.
- Along with Rahul Dravid, there are 5 instances where Indian batsmen have scored a double century. Vinoo Mankand has done it twice. He has scored 231 and 223. The others to score 200 runs are Sachin Tendulkar 217, Dilip Sardesai 200* and Polly Umrigar 223.
- The pair of Gautam Gambhir and Virender Sewhag is the most productive pair for India scoring 532 runs from 8 innings with 2 hundred plus stands and 3 fifty plus stands. Their highest partnership is 160 runs.
- B Sutcliffe has scored 3 hundreds in India from 16 innings spread from 9 games. He has also scored a double hundred 230 not out.
- Along with B Sutcliffe, Brendon McCullum is the only other New Zealand batsmanto score a double hundred. He has scored 225.
- For New Zealand, the pair of JR Reid and B Sutcliffle leads the partnership list. They have scored 376 runs from 5 innings with a healthy average of 125.33 which includes 2 hundred plus stands. Their highest being 222 unbroken run stand.
|Team||Player Name||Most Wickets|
|New Zealand||Richard Hadlee||31|
|Team||Player Name||Best Bowling Figures in a Innings|
|India||S Venkataragavan||8 for 72|
|New Zealand||T Southee||7 for 64|
|Team||Player Name||Best Bowling Figures in a Match|
|India||R Ashwin||12 for 85|
|New Zealand||R Hadlee||10 for 88|
Subhash Gupte has taken 4 five wicket hauls and most by an Indian in 10 innings from 5 matches at an average of 19.67.
Along with R Ashwin and S Venkataraghavan are the other two Indian bowlers who have taken a 10 wicket haul once.
BR Taylor R Hadlee and D Vettori have taken 2 five wicket hauls. But BR Taylor needed 9 innings from 5 test matches and achieved the feat, the least in terms of innings.
R Hadlee is the alone New Zealander to pick a 10 wicket haul.
Fielding and Wicket keeping Records:
S Venkataraghavan leads the list by taking 13 catches as a fielder. He has taken a maximum of 4 catches in a innings.
MS Dhoni tops the table with 14 dismissals behind the stumps with 10 catches and 4 stumpings. He has dismissed 3 batsmen in a innings with 2 catches and 1 stumping which is the maximum.
R Taylor leads the list by taking 8 catches as a fielder. He has taken a maximum of 3 catches in an innings.
JT ward has accounted 9 catches as a keeper the most by a New Zealander.